Feature Five: What’s New?
Like an alley cat – we here at The MALESTROM are always on the prowl for the latest and greatest, inspiration and innovation, style and substance, all so you lovely people don’t have to. So sit back, relax and take a look at what’s caught our eye this week in our Feature Five:
1) Spring is finally upon us, and although the good old British weather ain’t playing ball, it’s time switch up that wardrobe and dress like a Parisian sipping caffe latte on the Champs-Élysées. Uniqlo has teamed up with top French brand Lemaire to put on a chic collection at affordable prices – perfect for sunshine on a rainy day. Our advice move quick. Check it out here
2) If like us you’re always looking for ways to up your game, or even just a talking point at your latest Tinder encounter, then why not check out one the countless exhibitions up and down the country this spring and summer. If you’re new to the scene the ease yourself in gently with this fantastic Muhammed Ali photographic experience at the 02, bonus points – get a free souvenir programme when you book online.
3) Game of Thrones Season Six has at last arrived, office cheers abate. We’re not trying to put a dampener on things, it’s just we here at The MALESTROM are not big ones for treading the beaten path. That’s why we suggest you get your teeth into Sky Atlantics latest offering – ‘Billions’, perfect if your other half is not into all that fantasy bullshit. Plus with star turns from Damien Lewis as a fast food munching money market megalomaniac locking horns with holier than thou US Attorney Paul Giamatti, and a liking for getting whipped, we reckon you’ll be well and truly hooked by Ep 3.
4) At The MALESTROM we like our hip-hop with a pinch of rock and roll, a twist of electronica, some tribal chanting and a political undertone, which is why unsurprisingly we’re hooked on 2014 Mercury Prize winners ‘Young Fathers’. Their latest offering White Men Are Black Men Too will be doing the rounds on their UK tour. But if you want more bang for your buck, catch them at the Sound City Festival in Liverpool on May 28th.
5) Looking for a new pair of sneakers, but are sick and tired new wave new balance trend, then look no further than retro eighties classics in the shape of the Diadora V700 range, mixing high-quality materials and nostalgic shapes with vibrant colours, we think you’ll stand out from the crowd for the right reasons. Get on them quick before every Tom, Dick and Harry is teaming them up with their halvies and raincoats!