Last minute gifts for that special someone
Christmas is right around the corner and for those of you who have once again left the dreaded present shopping to the last minute, have no fear because The MALESTROM is here in the form of one of Santa’s little helpers. We’ve come up with some brownie point earning, fool proof gifts that’ll see you spending the majority of the big day snuggling safely under the mistletoe.
1) Baies Scented Candle (rrp £42) – This is a sure fire winner in the Christmas gift stakes. Available at Space NK and John Lewis – this luxurious candle from Parisien perfumers Diptyque smells darn good and will keep your house and your other half in a state of serenity as it burns away for hours on end. Share the benefits of it’s calming mood enhancing blend of blackcurrant leaves and Bulgarian Rose, which will ensure plain sailing when it comes to Christmas cooking duties.
2) Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser (rrp £31) – Anything from Australian beauty experts Aesop tends to send most young ladies into a tailspin and will undoubtedly see you firmly in the good books well into the New Year. It’s unlikely you’ll go wrong with any of their range, the Hand Cream is simply out of this world, but we’ve plumped for the Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser – because you all know about the anti-aging skin tightening benefits of geranium right? It also contains Bergamot and Mandarin, because the last thing you want is your missus having any post shower dry skin issues.
3) Revive Bath and Shower Oil by Aromatherapy Associates (rrp £45) – Female family and friends rave about the instant revitalising effects of Aromatherapy Associates range of bath and shower oils. This one’s won an award so it must be good, with Rosemary, Juniper and Grapefruit any post Christmas blues will be washed away in an instant or so we imagine.
4) Magical Jungle Colouring Book by Johanna (rrp £6.49) – Colouring books for adults for those not in the know are all the rage. Just ask the brains behind this one Johanna Basford who only last week was awarded an OBE on the Queen’s birthday honours list having sold over 20 million of them worldwide – not bad for child’s play. The benefits of colouring include stress relief and improved focus as it’s a form of active meditation. Perfect for the New Year new you vibe.
5) Eau Good Water Bottle (rrp £14.95) – Drinking your two litres a day is a trying task and even we sometimes don’t manage it. Well that’s unlikely to happen to the special someone in your life if she’s carrying one of these around in her hand bag. It contains active charcoal which we all know helps to mineralise the water whilst balancing the pH, it also looks pretty stylish too. Drinking your two litres just got even healthier.
6) Originals by Adam Grant (rrp Hardback £13.60) – Now we at The MALESTROM are not going to pretend we’ve read this book, but what we can tell you is we’ve done some meticulous research to bring you a must have piece of literature that was included in Elle magazine’s 33 best books of 2016 – now that’s a recommendation we trust in. And given that New Year is a time for self reflection and change – this inspiring book might be just what the little entrepreneur in your life has been waiting for.
7) Tie Dye 40″ Longboard (rrp £89.99) – If the lady in your life scores high in the active woman stakes then maybe this left of field suggestion is the perfect present. Shaped like a slick 70s surfboard and made from 8 ply Canadian maple this uber cool cruising machine will help deliver a taste of Summer during the deepest darkest Winter.